GET LICENSED - 40 for 400
Interested in a piece of history? Sign-up for
Plymouth specialty plates today!
Join the drive to get a commemorative license plate that celebrates Plymouth 400. Once we have 1,500 applications with payment, production begins. It’s only $40.00 and it’s a great way to show your local pride.
The specialty plate fee is $40.00.
Numbers 1-99, and ten other numbers have been reserved for auction. The ten numbers are: 1620, 1621 (the “First Thanksgiving”), 1623 (Plymouth’s actual first recorded Thanksgiving), 1627 (Plimoth Plantation's date), 1820 (the Bicentennial), 1824 (Pilgrim Hall built), 1863 (Lincoln’s Thanksgiving, first of our modern series), 1920 (the Tercentenary), 1957 (Mayflower II), and 2020.
Click here to watch our President Kevin O'Reilly and PACTV talk about the Plymouth 400 license plates.
Fill out the form at the bottom of the page to receive a Plymouth 400 License Plate.
If you would rather print and mail the form, with your check click here.
For more information call 508-830-1620 ext 112.
- Fill out the information requested above.
- Please note: Your check will not be cashed until 1,500 pre orders are received.
- Once your payment is processed the $40.00 is non refundable.
(Note: There is a $20 plate swap fee plus any applicable registrations fees due at the time of plate pick-up. These fees will depend on your current plate number and expiration year. For instance, your current plate may expire in March of 2012. If your new plate expires in January of 2013, the registration system will charge you an additional amount for the extra time you receive on your registration.)
- You will be notified by mail that your plates have been shipped to the requested Registry of Motor Vehicles branch. Bring your registration and current plates (if applicable) to the branch at that time. Before manufacturing of these plates begins, 1,500 pre-orders need to be collected. Once that number is achieved, it will take approximately 6 months to manufacture the plates and for them to reach the branches.
- Registrations must be renewed every two years
- If you are putting your plate on a newly acquired vehicle, you must pay applicable sales tax, title and registration fees at the time of registration.
- These special plates are available to Massachusetts residents using this form only; there is no online ordering process at this time. License plates will use randomly assigned numbers only.